Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Winter Blues

I am currently suffering from a bout of the Winter Blues.  When I leave for work in the morning it is dark and when I get home from work in the evening it is almost dark!  How am I supposed to run in the dark?  I understand that I can wear a reflective vest and a head lamp but that doesn't keep you safe from everything.  So I have been resorting to using my treadmill on the weekdays.  Which, to be completely honest, is very hard to force myself to do.  Treadmill running is BORING to me.  I feel like I am exerting so much more engery for less output.  I try to keep myself distracted by reading a book or watching something from Netflix on my iPad.  But it's inevitable....I hit that point around 2 miles and I am sick of the treadmill.  I need something to keep me motivated but I haven't found it yet.  I have tried zoning out on a spot on the wall, reading, watching shows, listening to music, counting, changing the speed and incline....nothing has helped.  To top it all off this last weekend I was sick and didn't feel up to running out in the cold.  Terrible excuse...I know.  I need to find my focus, force myself to stay on and complete my run.  I am going to try setting a time goal rather than a mileage goal.  Maybe that will help????  Wish me luck!

Red Kisses,

Krissy

No comments:

Post a Comment