Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Snow Day!!!!!

Hello lovelies!  Today was a snow day here in the Great Northwest and I am fortunate to have a job that allows me to work from home if needed.  My daughter's school and daycare was cancelled due to the mere 3 inches of snow and I had no child care.  Thankfully I was able to stave off the munchies....I tend to eat when I get too bored.  But I did it!  Amidst the craziness of my house (a small child and two dogs that LOVE snow) I was able to keep my food intake to three meals.  Woohoo!  Go me!  My poor kid had to wait until my lunch time to go out and play in the snow.  It hasn't been that long since I was a kid and I know that was simply torture for her!  When I finally took her outside the snow was already turning to slush but she was in heaven.  She went sledding down our short driveway, built a snowman (sorta) and ran around like a wild child!  During her play time, I was able to get in some exercise.  I shoveled snow!  It was a tough workout.  The snow was very wet and it was HEAVY.  I think I shoveled snow for about 20 minutes before I had to go back in after my lunch time was over.  So I didn't get a treadmill work out in today but at least it was something.  Below is what I ate today.

  • Double fiber English muffin with pumpkin butter from Trader Joe's
  • 2 pancakes with coconut flakes and pumpkin butter (this was lunch!  I did not eat two breakfasts!)
  • 3.5 ounces of steak
  • Homemade mashed potatoes
  • Mixed veggies
Not too bad huh?  For a snow day.  I was very tempted to eat chocolate and chips today.  Ha!  Oh and I forgot to add that I drank 4 cups of coffee with sugar free hazelnut creamer.  YUM! 

So here's to snow days and the ability to work remotely!  I love my job!  Talk soon!

Red Kisses,

Krissy

No comments:

Post a Comment