Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Binge Day

Soooooo....today was a rough day on the food front.  We celebrated my coworkers big 4-0 today at work.  Typically we go out to lunch but this time we decided that we would have a potluck.  At first I thought that was a great idea!  I could hand pick everything I ate and stay within my Weight Watchers Points Plus budget for the day (which is now 26).  Boy was I wrong!!!  Everything was so yummy and I had a moment (ok a couple of moments) of weakness.  The Lil' Smokies are what did me in...they are 1 point per smoky!  WHAT?!?  Who knew? I certainly didn't.  Here is a list of all I consumed.....

  • 1 Chicken drumstick (didn't eat the whole thing.  It had skin on it. ICK)
  • About 1/4 cup of Cheddar Mashed Potatoes
  • Several pieces of Asparagus (steamed at least!  This was my contribution)
  • Around 10 Lil' Smokies
  • 2 Lemon Cheesecake Bites

It was all so delicious that I couldn't resist!  I felt sick afterwards though.  That was my punishment.  After work my husband and I decided to go to Fred Meyer and exchange some snow suits we bought for our kids.  We were out late enough that we decided to stop and get dinner.  We had our youngest daughter with us who has a bedtime of 730 sharp (she's 5 and in all day kindergarten).  It was faster just to go out to eat than drive all the way home and cook.  I decided to order the Nachos.  Yes this was loaded with melted cheese, refried beans, salsa, chicken, etc.  In my defense, I ate less than a third of it!  I was proud of myself.  Here's to small victories!  A few months ago I would have cleaned that plate and still wanted more.  After 5 weeks of Weight Watchers I have lost 7 pounds!  Yes!  I did gain 1.8 pound the week of Thanksgiving but weight loss is an up and down battle.

No work out today unfortunately.  The meal was just too heavy to jump on the treadmill after.  I hope to get on the treadmill tomorrow after work, Saturday I will be sledding with my family in the mountains and Sunday I have a 10 mile run planned with some buddies from my running club, Moms RUN This Town (MRTT).  I will check back soon and let you all know!

Red Kisses,

Krissy

No comments:

Post a Comment