Monday, July 8, 2013

Less than 2 weeks until Ragnar!!!!

Ho-Ly-Crap!  Did I just type that?  Is it really less than 2 weeks until my first Ragnar?  I have been planning this with my team since November of last year!  Nerves are starting to kick in.  I picked up the rest of my race essentials in the last few days.  Bought a new Garmin Forerunner 310XT (I'll do an unboxing/review later), a new pair of Brooks Adrenaline GT 13 shoes, some Nuun tablets (in Strawberry lemonade flavor) and a tail light.  Running is an expensive hobby/sport!  Oh wait!  I also forgot that I got a new sports bra, a new running top and two pairs of running shorts. Wow. My bank account is probably crying right about now. 

There is just one thing that seems to be missing.....a Ragnar running tutu.  Yes, I will be making my self at least 1 running tutu for Ragnar and it will be orange and white.  It's quite possible that I will make two.  One that's primarily orange and one primarily white.  I love running tutus.  I made my first one prior to my first virtual half marathon back in January.  They're cute and give me the little extra "umph" that I need during long runs.

I did a test mile in my new shoes today, just to see how they felt.  It was nice.  I bought insoles that go in the bottom of the shoes because I overpronate so badly.  I had previously run in Asics but they cause serious blisters during runs longer that 7 miles. Those puppies are painful!  I had tried everything, including duct tape.  Which I can say with conviction, does not work!  I'm looking forward to taking my shoes out for a longer run tomorrow. 

So I'm preparing myself for packing.  I have researched a lot of good advice when it comes to packing for Ragnar.  The first of which is to put all changes of clothes in individual Ziploc bags with a fabric softener sheet.  That way each running outfit is easy to grab and you can put your stinky clothes.  What a great idea!  And my van mates will definitely appreciate it, I just hope that they all do the same!  Our van will have baby wipes for a quick wipe down after each leg but stinky clothes in a bad will fester.  Along with my clothes I will be packing a blanket and neck pillow.  Hopefully I'll be able to sleep sometime during Ragnar.  I have a hard time sleeping in cars and it'll be especially difficult because we are using my vehicle.  Which means that other people on my team will be driving my car.  I'll be honest, it makes me a little nervous.  Don't know why I didn't think of that before I offered it up but it's too late now! 

On top of my clothes and "such" I am responsible for brining sunscreen, bananas, deli meat and bagged ice.  Hope everything fits in my car!!  My husband is one of our team's volunteers but he won't be up there until Saturday.  Can't count on him to carry anything for us. 

Well, nerves are making me ramble on so I am going to sign off for now and say goodbye.  I will be getting my new watch in the mail in the next couple of days and I'll post an unboxing entry.

Red Kisses,

Krissy

1 comment:

  1. Woot Woot Ragnar! I'm so excited too! We should make the annoucement about ziplock bags- that's how I packed last year and it worked great! Don't be too worried about the driving- you can be the main driver and then designated a back up while you're running- so just pick the person you are most comfortable turning over control to. Thankfully there are lots of opportunities to get out and stretch your legs. So excited, I hope everyone has an AMAZING time. I know I've talked it up quite a bit! haha

    ReplyDelete