Friday, June 21, 2013

Oops....I did it again

I fell into a funk. I cannot seem to find it within me to get back in to the routine of running!  It's incredibly important that I do!  I have a half marathon to prepare for next month as well as Ragnar Relay- Northwest Passage.  I'm nervous about what will happen if I can't force myself back into the swing of it.  I know that my body can run about 10 miles just from muscle memory but then I begin to hit a wall.  I drag and I will end up injured. 

My biggest issue is the lack of a running partner.  The person I ran with all last summer has been training for full marathons and I am not interested in that right now.  And I know if I don't have someone to run with consistently then I won't do it.  I love running but I get bored when I'm alone. 

So.....if anyone has any advice on how to fall back in love with the routine, please share!!  Or if you live in my area and want to run with me a few evenings a week, let me know!

Red Kisses,

Krissy

2 comments:

  1. I'm not running anymore marathons for the rest of the year Krissy so I plan on only really doing 8-10 milers on the weekends. I run weeknights but you said that Mon, Wed are out of the question so I just hadn't been inviting you out with me. James also runs Thursday nights so let us know if you want to meet up. You might be able to complete 10 miles off of muscle memory but keep in mind your pace will suffer and you become more prone to injury. Get out of that funk lady! You've got 11 other Ragnar team members cheering you on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, unfortunately Mon and Wed are tough for me because Jeff plays softball and I don't have anyone else to watch Olivia. Some times his games are later, so it just depends. And I definitely don't want my pace to suffer! I need to dive back in regardless.

    ReplyDelete