Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Boston Tragedy

Hi all.  I needed a day to digest the immense tragedy that occurred yesterday at the Boston Marathon.  I am deeply saddened and equally disgusted by what took place.  I am a runner.  My sport is a peaceful one.  When we "compete" we are racing against ourselves, it is an internal race.  We run for many different reasons, be it fitness, spirituality, weight loss and sometimes just for the love of it.  This does not mean that we are a weak community of people.  We are STRONG!  We can run distances most people don't dream of running and still smile when we're done!  I am touched by the number of runners that have come together in unity over Boston.  There is a movement happening on social media to wear a race shirt today (here) whether it be to work or if you go for a run.  I unfortunately was not able to wear one to work but I am wearing blue in honor of those that lost their lives or were injured. 

This is all I am going to say about this.  As many times that we see disgusting tragedy we also catch a glimpse at the humanity that is still out there, alive and well inside many.  This is not a time to lose hope in the world but pick ourselves up and stand up tall and strong again.

#runnersunite

Blue Kisses,

Krissy

No comments:

Post a Comment