Friday, January 25, 2013

Prepping for Winter Runnerland

I know it's been awhile since I updated last!  So sorry!  Tomorrow I will be running my very first virtual half marathon...EEK!  I am nervous to say the least.  The two half marathons I ran were organized and I feel like I barely finished in one piece!  How will I do without aid stations and spectators?  We shall see.  The nice thing about a virtual race is you get to choose the date, time and route that you will run.  BONUS!  The race I am running is called Winter Runnerland.  It is sponsored and put on by the running club I am apart of, Moms Run This Town (MRTT).  There are 3 distance options: 5k, 10k and Half Marathon.  I, of course, chose the half.  Because there are several other moms that are running the other two distances, we as a group decided that we would all meet up at 9 am to run 3.1 together.  That means that those of us not running the 5k distance will need to run our extra miles prior to 9 am.  Those of us running the half will be meeting at 7 am to run our 10 miles and I hope I can make it in time.  I have not yet finished 10 miles in less than 2 hours so hopefully I can safely push myself to do it.  The course that we have chosen for our 10 miles is relatively flat, probably the most flat to date.  I will definitely update in the next few days and let everyone know how it went. 

On another note, I have recently signed up for a few more races as well.  It is my goal for 2013 to run at least 1 race per month.  I will post another entry with the races I am signed up for and the ones I am still contemplating.  Hope everyone is having a wonderful day!

Red Kisses,

Krissy

No comments:

Post a Comment